Pesticides contain active or inert ingredients meant to prevent, control, or eliminate pests and disease carriers, such as ticks, mosquitoes, rats, and mice. When it comes to pesticides, it’s easy for us to visit local stores to purchase some products. However, we’re often told not to get any random pesticide. As much as possible, these purchased products are Environmental Protection Agency or EPA-approved.
But did you know that you can come up with natural, homemade pesticides? Not only are they proven effective for pest control, but they are also deemed safe for the household. Most importantly, you can produce some natural products at home and make money out of them.
That said, here’s how to make natural, homemade pesticides for your pest control business:
How to Make Natural Homemade Pesticides
When it comes to producing natural pesticides, you can find certain ingredients at home. These ingredients are readily available, all at your disposal when you need them. Know that it doesn’t require a chemist to make homemade pesticides. All it takes is to come up with the proper ratio of ingredients and mix them properly. Take note of the following steps:
- Soap spray: This pesticide is made of castile soap. That said, combine one-and-a-half teaspoons of liquid soap and one-fourth of water in a bottle of spray. From there, you can use this for controlling small insects such as bugs, mites, and beetles.
- Vegetable oil spray: This insecticide is similar to soap spray made of castile soap and water. However, a cup of vegetable oil is an additional ingredient. All the ingredients get mixed in a bottle of spray. It’s ideal for spraying on affected areas and killing certain insects.
- Garlic spray: This pesticide contains one of the main active ingredients—garlic. All it takes is to take two bulbs of garlic, add water, crush them using a blender, and allow them to sit overnight. From there, mix them with vegetable oil, liquid soap, and some water. Know that garlic is notable for its pungent odor. But while it is a kitchen staple, it is also an effective insect repellent.
- Chile pepper spray: This pesticide is similar to garlic spray. But the difference is that you have to replace the garlic with chile pepper. You can either use fresh hot peppers or chile pepper powder. Mix one tablespoon of powder with one-fourth of water and several drops of mild liquid soap. Ultimately, you can use this pesticide for a variety of different pests.
- All-in-one homemade spray: This pesticide is the most effective as it contains all the ingredients mentioned above. Yes, use soap, vegetable oil, crushed garlic, chile pepper powder, and of course, water. Combine them all in a bottle of spray. From there, you can spray it to different areas of your house, indoor plants, and even your outdoor garden.
How to Make Money out of Your Natural Homemade Pesticides
At this point, you know how to produce natural homemade pesticides. Now, let’s get into the business side.
It’s best to invest in solid bottles of spray and put credible labels for branding. You can come with a handful of natural pesticide products, from soap spray to garlic spray to all-in-one homemade spray.
While you’re at it, capitalize on the fact that your products are natural homemade pesticides. Inform your target customers that they are safe and effective. From there, take the following steps for your sales and marketing:
- Sell your natural pesticides to the neighborhood: You can go door to door and introduce the pesticide products to your neighbors.
- Reach out to pest control companies: It’s best to reach out to tick control companies, termite removal experts, and mosquito management companies. Offer them your natural, handmade products as they can use them for their pest control services.
- Post your natural pesticides on sales on social media: Be sure to take advantage of social media in promoting your products. Post them on your channels for selling, whether on Facebook, Instagram, or TikTok.
- Venture into online selling for natural pesticides: You can take the plunge into the e-commerce business. Start with selling natural, homemade pesticides until you can grow and expand your pest control business. Who knows? In the future, you can venture into actual pest control services.
At this point, you now know how to make natural homemade pesticides. Be sure to consider some options recommended above, whether soap spray, chili pepper spray, or all-in-one homemade spray. While you’re at it, follow our recommended steps on how to promote and sell your pesticide products. Ultimately, you’ll be surprised at how you can make money out of these.